Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Prompt for Optional Correspondence Project Revisions

As I've mentioned several times, you have the option to revise your correspondence project.  If you wish to revise, you need to do the following things.

  • Revise your essay, obviously.  Remember that revision is more than fixing a few commas and awkward phrasings.  You should take my comments into account, but revising an essay means more than treating my comments as a checklist.  You should go over your essay, my comments, and what we have done in class since to decide what needs to be done to make the project better.
  • Describe your revision process to me.  In the email to which you attach your revised essay, you should tell me what you did to revise.  This means saying more than, "I fixed the organization."  It means telling me what you did to make the organization better.  Did you just move things around?  Did you cut one section to make room for a new one?  Tell me what I should see.  I will not grade any revision that arrives without such a description.
  • Email your revision to me by noon on Friday, December 3.  I cannot accept late revisions for any reason because it's already the end of the semester, and things will be tight.
You can turn in this revision at anytime before the deadline. You can only revise once, though, but you can complete the revision now or later.  I recommend bringing your revised draft by my office for us to discuss if you are especially concerned about your grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment